Current Temp. 52°
The Jefferson Depot is right beside Highway 285 on the north end of South Park. The building is currently painted baby blue and serves as an office. The “Jefferson” sign hangs on the side.
The depot was built by the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad in 1879. Previously, Jefferson had been a stage stop. It is still a ranch community.
The DSP&P hauled supplies into Jefferson and carried away hay, cattle, sheep and even cheese The railroad pulled out in 1937. Highway 285 follows the old rail bed.